Share your ‘Taste of Home’ and help families get hospice care.
Sunday lunches with the family? Learning to cook a crumble with your grandma? Food comes attached to precious memories. Sharing that food with family and friends is sharing and growing those memories.
That’s why, this March, we’re asking everyone to hold a special meal in support of Nottinghamshire Hospice. With your support, we can give even more people, whoever and wherever they are access to hospice care.
All you need to do is invite family and friends round for a dinner which evokes a memory, share your meal and story in exchange for a donation to help open up hospice care to everyone who needs it, wherever they are. There’s no minimum amount of money you need to raise as all income will be most gratefully received and will help provide expert and compassionate support to those who need it most. And if you don’t fancy cooking, there’s always takeaway. Fish and chip supper anyone?
Currently, one in four families who need expert and compassionate support aren’t able to get it. By taking part in Taste of Home, you’re helping to change that. Your support will help us offer dedicated and compassionate support to everyone who needs it, wherever they are – thank you.
A Taste of Home dinner party couldn’t be simpler:
1. Plan your menu. From savoury to sweet, share and indulge in your favourites.
2. Invite as many people as you can cater for – invitations can be found in our fundraising pack
3. Share! Let everyone know what you’re doing on social media #TasteofHome
4. Ask your guests to donate whatever they can afford for their meal, to help more families get hospice care.
5. Send in the money you’ve raised. There are lots of ways you can do this.
We’d like as many people as possible to hold an event in March just so we can all talk about it at the same time. But you’re very welcome to hold your event at any time which suits you.