Retail Customer Services
Do you love talking to people? Putting outfits together? Would you enjoy helping our customers find the ideal bargain? If the answer is ‘yes’ we would love you to join our volunteer Retail Customer Services Team. Volunteering with us can provide you with valuable experience in the knowledge that you are helping to provide vital care for people at the end of their lives.
We have 9 charity shops around Nottinghamshire which contribute to the amount we need to raise each year to run the hospice. All the shops have a full-time manager, but other than this are staffed entirely by volunteers.
We are looking for people to help in Customer Service. Responsibilities may include;
• Greeting new customers who enter the shop
• Answering questions and queries from the public on items in the shop and questions about the hospice (information and training provided)
• Chatting to customers in the shop
• Serving customers on the till
• Dealing with item returns on the till
• Answering the phone
There is also the opportunity to get involved with other jobs in the shop such as stock taking, steaming clothes and cleaning but the main role is to interact with customers and create a positive shopping experience for visitors.
Interested? Then please fill out the Volunteer Application Form on the left hand side of this page.