Do you have an eye for what sells? Could you spot a ‘gem’ amongst a mountain of donated goods? We need volunteers who can sort stock for us whilst keeping an eye out for that Radley bag, Clarice Cliff vase, vintage book, designer dress that we can then sell for a premium. Volunteering with us can provide you with valuable experience in the knowledge that you are helping to provide vital care for people at the end of their lives.
We have 13 charity shops around Nottinghamshire which contribute to the amount we need to raise each year to run the hospice. All the shops have a full-time manager, but other than this are staffed entirely by volunteers.
We are looking for people to help as a Treasure Hunter. Responsibilities may include;
• Sorting through donated items
• Identifying high value items and researching their worth
• Sorting items into those suitable for sale and those to be recycled
There is also the opportunity to get involved with other jobs in the shop but the main role is to sort the donated items at the shop
What’s in it for You
• Opportunity to join and work as part of the hospice team.
• Contribute to providing a large part of the hospice funding that enables us to provide our services to patients for free.
• Gain new skills, use existing talents and increase your confidence.
• Gain work experience if considering a career change or looking for paid work in the field.
• Give something back to the local community.
• Do something valuable and rewarding with your free time.
• Meet new people and get involved in our regular social and fundraising events.
We would generally ask for a commitment of at least one morning/afternoon a week. The shops are open from Monday-Saturday. You may work in one particular shop or work across two or more regularly. Shop locations are;
Parliament Street (City centre)
Interested? Fill in the Volunteer Application Form on the left page side of this page.