As an activity volunteer in our Therapy and Wellbeing Team, you’ll help create and organise a varied activity programme for patients. We are looking for confident volunteers who are happy to plan and run activity sessions.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work alongside our experienced healthcare professionals and contribute to the individualised, holistic patient care provided.
Tasks will include:
• Working with staff to organise creative activities
• Greeting patients and helping them settle in for the session
• Setting up and helping to deliver activities
• Running activity sessions
• Tidying up at the end of the session
Who we’re looking for
• To be aged 18 or over
• Confidence to plan and lead an activity on a weekly basis
• Good communication skills and a friendly personality
• Sensitivity to the needs of others, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Reliability, flexibility, initiative, and willingness to be part of a team
• Awareness of boundaries and an ability to cope with emotional distress in a healthy manner
• A level of fitness and ability to cope with busy sessions
• A craft or skill such as sewing, singing or crafts would be an advantage but is not essential
What you’ll get out of it
In this rewarding role you’ll have the opportunity to give something back to the community, meet new people and feel valued. You’ll be able to use your skills and experience to help others.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.