Be a volunteer
Thanks to our amazing retail volunteers, our shops generated over £1 million last year. By volunteering your time in one of our shops you can be part of their story, make new friends and support your local community.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be part of a great team! Each day is varied, you’ll be on the go the whole time and your manager will be on hand to help. It’ll be fun, and no two days are the same. You’ll be able to get involved in lots of different tasks, including:
- Sorting and pricing clothes, books and bric-a-brac
- Receiving donations and preparing them for sale
- Promoting and getting sign-ups for gift aid
- Creating stunning window displays
- Serving customers and using the till
- Restocking shelves
- Arranging displays
- Using the shop computer to research products and enter gift aid data
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for retail volunteers who have excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful approach to customer service. You’ll also need a combination of some of the following skills and qualities:
- Creative flair
- Confidence in selling products
- Ability to work with others and be part of a team
- Reliable and flexible
- Able to use your initiative and work independently
What you’ll get out of it
Whether you’re volunteering to gain experience for a future career or you’d like the opportunity to make friends whilst helping others, you’ll find your time volunteering in our shops incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.