Be a volunteer
Our garden is a wonderful hidden gem on the outskirts of the city, designed to be a relaxing space and give therapeutic benefit to hospice patients. Garden volunteers are incredibly important! It’s thanks to their care, dedication and time that the garden looks stunning through all seasons.
Recruitment for this voluntary role is temporarily on hold, please check back regularly for updates.
In the meantime, why not consider volunteering in one of our retail shops
What you’ll be doing
Gardeners work independently with minimal supervision, although other volunteers may be helping on the same day.
- Raise plants from seeds or cuttings
- Dig, plant and weed flower beds and borders
- Prune shrubs
- Check the health of plants by identifying any pests or diseases
- Maintaining high levels of presentation
- Prepare the gardens for special events e.g. Open Gardens, Summer Fairs
- Ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order
- Paint fencing and benches
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people who are passionate about nature and the outdoors, especially gardening!
You’ll also need to be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Have some gardening knowledge if possible
- Willing to carry out all duties safely and with consideration for service users
- Willing to be part of a team and to be reliable and flexible
- Willing to work alone
- Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to use your initiative
What you’ll get out of it
You’ll soon see how your hard work makes the garden bloom and transform through the seasons, and the delight that brings to our patients. This rewarding role will make a really positive contribution to Nottinghamshire Hospice and to patients, family and friends.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.