Hospice Outreach and Discharge Support Service
To request support from the Hospice Outreach and Discharge Support team, please call 0115 962 1222
The Hospice outreach and discharge support team is here to provide you and your carer with responsive supportive palliative nursing.
We’re here to provide an additional palliative care resource to offer practical support and care during the day and to work with your GP and District Nurse to support you to remain at home.
Our team is led by registered nurses and care will be provided by them and our experienced palliative nursing assistants.
We will work with you to assess your needs and utilise our other services where possible, for example our night visiting service, facilitating wrap around care where required over the 24-hour period.
Our service is a short-term service offering support for up to 30 days. We will review your needs and keep you updated with regard to any changes that we may need to make.
How we can help:
- Personal care including mouth care, continence care and pressure area care.
- Assistance with moving and handling
- Prompting and assistance with medication.
- Provision of fluids and/or a light meal.
- Emotional support for both the carer and the patient where this is required during the day.