Please donate to help keep our services freeGive regularly Give once
Be a volunteer
Complementary therapy volunteers are an invaluable part of the Therapy and Wellbeing team. You will apply your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a real difference to patients and their carers. Therapies we currently offer are reflexology, acupressure, acupuncture, many types of massage and aromatherapy.
Recruitment for this voluntary role is temporarily on hold, please check back regularly for updates.
In the meantime, why not consider volunteering in one of our retail shops
What you’ll be doing
Under the guidance of the Complementary Therapy Coordinator, you’ll adapt your therapy according to the individual needs of the patient. You’ll need to keep accurate records in patients’ notes, according to hospice guidelines.
Who we’re looking for
If you have the skills and qualities listed below, then this is the role for you:
- Have completed a recognised practitioner level training course
- Carry professional Indemnity Insurance
- Good communication skills, a good listener and sensitive to the needs of others
- A friendly and cheerful personality
- Willing to be part of a team and to be reliable, flexible and use initiative
- Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- An awareness of boundaries and be able to cope with emotional distress in a healthy manner
- It would be desirable to have membership of a professional therapy organisation recognised by the single regulatory body for that profession or a registration with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
What you’ll get from it
This rewarding experience will make a difference to the people who are affected by terminal illness in your community, you’ll enhance your CV and enjoy all the benefits of being part of the Nottinghamshire Hospice family.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
0115 910 1008 option 4
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.
Nottinghamshire Hospice is fully committed to supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion best practice within our staff and volunteer workforce, as well as with our patients and supporters. We warmly welcome those from all backgrounds – this diversity is important for our journey and values and enriches the services we offer.
We particularly welcome applicants from minoritised ethnic communities, LGBTQ+ communities, applicants under the age of 40, applicants with disabilities, and male applicants for clinical roles, as they are currently under-represented within our workforce.