Please donate to help keep our services freeGive regularly Give once
Be a volunteer
Are you interested in fundraising? Volunteers assist our creative fundraising team in raising the money needed to provide all of our care free-of-charge. They support the team in day-to-day tasks needed within a busy fundraising team.
Recruitment for this voluntary role is temporarily on hold, please check back regularly for updates.
In the meantime, why not consider volunteering in one of our retail shops
What you’ll be doing
- Researching exciting new fundraising ideas for supporters to get involved with
- Contacting local businesses to champion the hospice and source raffle prizes
- Distributing leaflets and posters – spreading the Notts Hospice word far and wide!
- Logging information on databases and spreadsheets
- Helping with our corporate fundraising, community campaigns, and at large scale fundraising events
Who we’re looking for
If you have a combination of the skills and qualities listed below, or you’d like to develop them, then this is the role for you!
- Excellent communication skills
- A friendly, cheerful personality and sense of humour
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Reliable, flexible and use your initiative
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Able to work under pressure
- Good computer and phone skills
- Some experience of administration in a paid or voluntary role
- Confident talking to a range of people, from businesses to members of the public
What you’ll get from it
This role will give you the opportunity to be part of an exciting team who are creative, full of energy and enthusiastic about fundraising. You’ll be able to learn new skills, meet people, make friends and make a contribution your local hospice by donating your time.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
0115 910 1008 option 4
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.
Nottinghamshire Hospice is fully committed to supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion best practice within our staff and volunteer workforce, as well as with our patients and supporters. We warmly welcome those from all backgrounds – this diversity is important for our journey and values and enriches the services we offer.
We particularly welcome applicants from minoritised ethnic communities, LGBTQ+ communities, applicants under the age of 40, applicants with disabilities, and male applicants for clinical roles, as they are currently under-represented within our workforce.