Recruitment for this voluntary role is temporarily on hold, please check back regularly for updates.
In the meantime, why not consider volunteering in one of our charity shops
What you’ll be doing
You’ll support our experienced housekeeper to:
- Prepare light lunches/snacks
- Keep the café and kitchen areas clean and tidy
- Observe kitchen rules and regulations regarding health and safety/food hygiene
- Wash pots and use the dishwasher
Who we’re looking for
- To be age 18 years or over.
- Experience of cooking and food preparation in a domestic or professional kitchen.
- Good communication skills and a friendly personality.
- Sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Reliability, flexibility, initiative, and willingness to be part of a team.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A level of fitness and ability to cope with a busy day.
What you’ll get from it
You’ll make a difference. You’ll have the opportunity to give something back, be part of the community, meet new people and feel valued. You’ll able to share your skills and experience to support the local community by providing wonderful lunches for our patients.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.
Nottinghamshire Hospice is fully committed to supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion best practice within our staff and volunteer workforce, as well as with our patients and supporters. We warmly welcome those from all backgrounds – this diversity is important for our journey and values and enriches the services we offer.
We particularly welcome applicants from minoritised ethnic communities, LGBTQ+ communities, applicants under the age of 40, applicants with disabilities, and male applicants for clinical roles, as they are currently under-represented within our workforce.