Be a volunteer
We’re well-known for our fabulous fundraising events at Nottinghamshire Hospice…dog shows, summer and festive fairs, Easter egg hunts, open gardens and more. Remember the Hoodwinked robins that took over the city? That was us too!
As an events volunteer, you’ll help make our events a huge success. By being part of the team and right at the centre of the action, you’ll make a difference to our patients, their families, and your community – and you’ll have a whole lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll be doing
This role is fast paced, exciting and varied. You could be involved in a number of ways, including:
- Event promotion such as distributing leaflets or helping with mailouts – getting the word out far and wide, creating a real buzz around the event in the community.
- Preparing for events, this could include sorting collection buckets, organising tombola prizes
- Helping on the day of the event. You could be helping with set up, marshalling, greeting, serving refreshments.
Who we’re looking for
- Aged 18 or over
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills and a friendly, cheerful personality
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be reliable, flexible and use initiative
- Willing to get stuck in with activities
- Be friendly, helpful and confident when working with the public
What you’ll get from it
You’ll have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, share knowledge and increase your employability. Volunteering as an events volunteer at Nottinghamshire Hospice is a great way to be part of the community, give something back and make a difference whilst having fun.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or get in touch on:
You’ll need to be aged 18 or over to apply and some roles will require a DBS check prior to you starting, to ensure there is nothing on the record which may make you unsuitable. If a check is needed it will be mentioned when you apply.