Volunteer with us
Volunteers are an essential and highly valued part of the hospice team; we simply couldn’t provide our services to patients without them.
Volunteers help in a variety of areas, from patient care to fundraising and working at the shops to providing administration support – there are roles to suit people of all ages and interests.
We aim to make our volunteering mutually beneficial, so we’ll offer you the support and training you need to be able to do your role and ensure it’s a rewarding experience. We’ll also reimburse your travel expenses to make sure you’re not out of pocket.
There are lots of benefits of volunteering. It’s an opportunity to:
- Join and work as part of the hospice team
- Contribute to providing a large part of the hospice funding that enables us to provide our services to patients for free
- Learn new skills, use existing talents and increase your confidence
- Gain valuable work experience you can use if you’re considering a career change or looking for paid work in a similar field
- Give something back to your local community
- Do something valuable and rewarding with your free time
- Meet new people and get involved in our regular social and fundraising events
- Attend training courses relevant to your role
How can I get involved . . .
If you’d like more information or to speak to someone before you apply, please call our volunteering team for a chat on 0115 910 1008 ext 202 between 9a.m. and 4.30p.m. Monday-Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re ready to apply, please download a form from the panel on the left and email it to email@example.com or you can print it and send to:
384 Woodborough Road
Paper application forms are also available at all of the hospice shops.
On the application form, we ask you to provide two references and all roles based within the hospice will require a criminal record (DBS) check.
If you are interested in viewing our current paid vacancies, please go to Work For Us
We look forward to hearing from you!