Why donate to us?
Donating your pre-loved items to Nottinghamshire Hospice makes a huge difference, as the money raised from the sale of your goods will go towards caring for people with life limiting illnesses and their carers within your community.
Your donation also helps the environment as you will be recycling items rather than them just being thrown away. Even items you think may not sell can be recycled and will raise money towards the care we provide.
How you can donate your goods.
You can take your donated goods into any of our shops or for larger items or a high volume of donations, we can arrange collection from your house free of charge. Please call 0115 970 1427 (Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm) to arrange a convenient time for our logistics team to collect your donation.
How will your donation help?
Each bag on average will raise £25-30 towards patient care. We are always very grateful for all donations, however at the moment we urgently need donations of clothing and furniture.
What can I donate?
We will accept most items and have listed some ideas below:
- Clothing: Ladieswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, Vintage, Retro and Fancy Dress – whatever you’ve discovered at the back of your wardrobe –there’s someone out there who will buy it!! Don’t ignore that wedding dress still in the loft or the hat you wore years ago, we will be happy to take it off your hands!
- Homeware: We welcome all donations of kitchenware, crockery, vases, pictures, collectables, ornaments, glassware, and soft furnishings.
- Accessories: We are always looking for boots, belts and bling amongst other accessories to finish off the perfect outfit.
- Books: Calling all you book lovers out there… de-clutter your shelves and make way for the new!
- Unwanted Gifts: Still got that toiletry set that Aunt Maud bought you last Christmas or that pair of fluffy slippers that just aren’t you? Believe it or not, someone out there will want them!!
- Music and Art: Whether it’s old vinyl, CDs or DVDs, modern, abstract or classical there’s always a customer out there looking to improve their music and art collection.
- Toys: Lots of toys that the kids don’t play with anymore that are cluttering up their bedrooms?? Pass them on to us as there are plenty of other children wanting to ‘Connect4’ or ‘buy a Hotel on Mayfair’!
- Furniture: Most of our stores sell furniture, so we are always on the look out for settees, chests of drawers, tables and chairs etc. Unfortunately, due to Trading Standards, we are unable to accept any item of furniture without the current Fire Retardant label.
- Electrical Goods: We will gladly accept most electrical items that are in full working order, with the exceptions of televisions/white goods.
Items we are unable to accept
We are unable to accept white goods, furniture without the Fire Retardant labels, televisions and nursery furniture, but please ring 0115 970 1427 if you are unsure of what you can donate.